GEARY COUNTY (GaeaTimes.com) -- On Thursday morning, at about 7a.m., Geary County authority received a call about a a hunting accident where a Fort Riley soldier was shot by a Manhattan resident.
NEW YORK - The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb on a busy Saturday night in Times Square accepted a life sentence with a smirk Tuesday and warned that Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims.
NEW YORK - A Pakistani immigrant who tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison by a judge who said she hopes he spends time behind bars thinking "carefully about whether the Quran wants you to kill lots of people." A defiant Faisal Shahzad smirked as he was given a mandatory life term that, under federal sentencing rules, will keep him behind bars until he dies.
NEW YORK - The Pakistani immigrant who tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison, a mandatory penalty that left him defiant as ever and the judge who sentenced him determined to send a message to anyone who might want to follow in his path.
LEVITTOWN, N.Y. - Flooding posed a threat around the Northeast on Friday on the heels of a pounding storm that submerged cars, cut power to thousands and forced scattered evacuations as it crept up the East Coast.
- Rainstorm that deluged cars, killed 5 hits Boston
- Mighty rains deluge cars, close roads in Northeast
- Government: Times Square bomber plotted 2nd attack
- Feds: NY Times Square bomber plotted 2nd attack
- Intimidating storm delays K-State game
- Fire under NY bridge halts commuter rail for hours
- NYC commuter rail service restored following fire
- Bridge fire hampers rail service into, out of NYC
- Fire under bridge halts some suburban NYC trains
- Brooklyn Storm Creates Havoc
- NY man charged with funding Times Square bomber
- Rabies found in NY coyote after attacks on humans
- NYPD: Nothing suspicious in vehicle left on street
- Numbers confirm it: Summer was a scorcher
- Lil Wayne sentencing postponed due to court fire