Gas leak in Maharashtra, over 10 hospitalisedBy IANS
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
PUNE - More than 10 people were hospitalised Tuesday after a chlorine gas leak in an effluent treatment plant in Pimpri-Chinchwad located on the outskirts of this Maharashtra city, police said.
“The gas leak started early Tuesday from the plant. The leakage has affected 10-15 people who have been admitted to nearby hospitals,” a police official said.
Patients complained of cough and eye irritation, but their condition is now stable, an official said.
The leakage has triggered a scare in the area. Residents of localities near the plant have shifted out temporarily as a precautionary measure.