TEL AVIV - Former Israeli president Moshe Katsav was found guilty of rape by a court in Tel Aviv Thursday in a ruling more than four years after several women - former employees of Katsav - first made the allegations against him.
TEL AVIV/HAIFA - Israel allowed people evacuated in the face of a raging bush fire to return to their homes Saturday, but firefighters noted that while the blaze was no longer the raging inferno it had been, it was still not fully under control.
TEL AVIV - An estimated 13,000 people had been forced to flee their homes in northern Israel Friday morning, as the worst bushfire in Israel's history entered its second day, leaving 40 dead.
TEL AVIV - An estimated 13,000 people were forced to flee their homes in northern Israel Thursday and early Friday, as the worst bushfire in Israel's history raged unchecked for 14 hours, killing 40 people and devouring everything in its path.
TEL AVIV - A massive brushfire, the worst in Israel's history, raged unchecked for more than eight hours Thursday, burning thousands of acres of land, forcing villages to evacuate, and killing up to 40 people when their bus was engulfed in flames.
- 40 die in Israel fire
- Planes prevented from colliding over Israel airport
- Seven killed in Romanian crash
- Mass march for captive soldier divides Israel
- Israeli commandos storm aid flotilla; 9 killed
- Two Israeli soldiers indicted for actions during Gaza offensive
- Tape shows Abbas aide in sex scandal
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials