PARIS - Three hostages kidnapped more than five months ago in Niger near a uranium mine exploited by the French nuclear energy firm Areva have been released, the French government said.
PARIS - The International Criminal Police Organisation - or Interpol - has seized fake goods worth $200 million in year-long operations in South America targeting organised criminal counterfeiting networks.
PARIS/TUNIS - The international police organisation Interpol said it has issued a global alert for the arrest of Tunisia's ousted President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali and his six relatives.
PARIS - A hacker took over French President Nicolas Sarkozy's Facebook account and issued a fake message that he would not run for re-election in 2012, media reports said Monday.
TUNIS/PARIS - At least 50 people were killed Saturday in a Tunisian prison fire or by jail guards shooting at prisoners seeking to escape the flames, medical sources and eyewitnesses said.
- Calls for ICC probe over Ivory Coast violence
- French kindergarten hostage drama ends without bloodshed
- Seven dead in blaze at French foreign-worker housing complex
- French nationals kidnapped by pirates released
- France acts on fuel shortages as protests continue
- Report: Striker Charlie Davies caught speeding
- kickback investigation could implicate Sarkozy
- French rogue trader given five-year prison sentence
- Japan warns about Europe terror; tourists are calm
- Air threats create tricky balancing act
- Police chief: Threat of attack on France hits peak
- Five French nationals abducted in Niger
- War of words with France may overshadow EU summit
- Police: Eiffel Tower bomb threat was false alarm
- Police: Eiffel Tower evacuated over bomb alert
- Police search headquarters of Sarkozy’s party
- French railway faces criticism in US for WWII role
- Engineers to drain water from Alpine glacier
- Carla pleads for woman sentenced to stoning in Iran
- Train collides with truck in Germany, 15 injured
- Germany: train collides with garbage truck
- Women expose breasts to steal from ATM customer
- France gives $1.4 mn for Pakistan flood victims
- Police pull sunken barge out of Paris river
- China, France bust illegal immigration network
- Sarkozy threatens immigrants who target police
- French mother charged with killing eight babies
- Eight baby corpses found in France
- IMF cancels $268 million Haiti debt
- Paris okays questioning of labour minister in Bettencourt case
- Thousands arrested in Asia for illegal football gambling
- Bettencourt money manager taken into custody
- Global oil demand seen rising slightly in 2011
- French court gives Noriega seven years in prison
- Tour de France 1st stage under way