NEW DELHI - Hardline Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani was stopped at the Delhi airport Tuesday by Delhi Police personnel who took him for questioning in connection with a money laundering case, police said.
SRINAGAR - An ex-army major, wanted for the 1996 disappearance and murder of a lawyer and rights activist, has surfaced in California and reportedly said the Al Qaeda is present in Jammu and Kashmir - a claim strongly denied by the authorities here who are now planning to seek his extradition.
NEW DELHI - The Delhi Police Special Cell sleuths have asked Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to indicate a date when he could meet an investigating officer in connection with a hawala case allegedly linked to him in which four people have been held, police said Monday.
SRINAGAR - Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday expressed shock and grief at the death of two children in an explosion in Srinagar suburbs Sunday evening.
SRINAGAR - Bodies of two of the three people, who were buried when an avalanche hit an isolated village in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, were recovered Friday, police said.
- ‘Sold’ Bhutanese boy recovered in Kashmir
- Leopard skin, psychotropic drugs recovered in Srinagar
- Escaped criminal from Jammu caught in Delhi
- Protests after Kashmir civilian killed in army firing
- Petition against Arundhati, Geelani withdrawn
- Moderate intensity quake jolts Kashmir
- Tremors felt in Kashmir
- Two Kashmiris among five nabbed with hashish in Mumbai
- Man dies at daughter’s college gates
- Kashmiri teacher says passage scientific, not obscene
- ICRC refrains from commenting on WikiLeaks’ Kashmir expose
- Boy killed in Kashmir grenade blast
- Kashmir teacher arrested for controversial exam questions
- Separatists torch Srinagar school bus to enforce shutdown
- School bus torched in Srinagar to enforce shutdown
- Delhi Police file sedition case against Arundhati, Geelani
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout
- Militants kill policeman in Srinagar
- BJP youth wing protests ‘anti-India’ speech by Mirwaiz
- Book Geelani, Arundhati, says Delhi court (Second Lead)
- Court moved over ‘anti-India’ speech by Kashmiri separatist
- Mirwaiz roughed up at Chandigarh seminar (Second Lead)
- Mirwaiz roughed up at Chandigarh seminar, 20 detained
- Mirwaiz roughed up in Chandigarh
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir
- Hizbul commander arrested from Delhi
- Court notice to police on Geelani, Arundhati speeches
- Interlocutors visiting Shopian in south Kashmir
- PM likely to visit Leh to review reconstruction
- Man abandons daughters at Jammu railway station, arrested
- Hardline Hurriyat group’s general secretary arrested
- Van carrying 30 kids plunges into Pakistani river
- Four killed, 20 injured in Jammu after Quran protests
- Bloody Monday leaves 16 dead across Kashmir (Fourth Lead)
- ‘Shelters for Leh’s homeless should be ready before winter’