GENEVA - The UN's refugee agency said Thursday that 54 Somalis had drowned while trying to flee their war-torn country for the relative safety of Yemen.
GENEVA - More that 296,800 people were killed in 373 natural disasters last year, costing the world about $109 billion, a UN agency said Monday.
NAIROBI/GENEVA - The number of women raped in an apparent revenge attack for the death of a Congolese soldier has risen to 50, according to the United Nations.
GENEVA - At least 14 people suffered minor injuries Friday on board an Air Canada flight from Toronto to Zurich, as a result of heavy turbulence.
PARIS/ABIDJAN/GENEVA - A close ally of Ivory Coast's would-be president Alassane Ouattara Thursday called on the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate possible crimes as the UN confirmed 173 people have died in the ongoing crisis.
- Swiss Post to shut bank account of Assange
- Haiti cholera toll crosses 800
- Over 250 die of cholera in Haiti
- Floods in western Africa claim 377 lives: UN
- 150 dead in Haiti cholera outbreak: UN (Lead, changing dateline)
- 43 die in Benin floods: UN
- 236,000 killed in disasters in 2010: UN
- Swiss rocker Steve Lee dies in US highway accident
- Over 300 people raped in Congo: UN report
- UN agency makes unusual Pakistan aid appeal
- Pakistan asks for more aid to combat flooding
- Deadly flooding spreads to Pakistan's heartland
- 1 dead, 42 injured as Swiss tourist train derails
- Swiss Glacier Express train derails, dozens hurt
- Switzerland not to extradite Polanski
- Central America called free of antipersonnel mines
- Swiss police probe American student's death
- UN criticism not likely to stop CIA drone strikes
- Israel defends attack on aid flotilla
- Palestinians take up flotilla attack with UN rights council
- AP Interview: Haiti still struggling from quake
- Red Cross: Haiti struggling 4 months after quake
- Mexican human rights activists pay with their lives: UN
- Ash from Iceland's volcano shuts European airports
- Ash closes airports in Spain, Portugal, Italy
- Life s-s-s-saver? WHO launches snake venom website
- Swiss MPs to vote on new ex-dictator cash law
- Swiss police foil bomb attack against IBM
- WHO now says volcano ash cloud no health risk
- UN postal agency hit by air traffic disruption in Europe
- Experts differ on health risk of volcanic ash
- UN health agency: Fallen volcano ash a health risk
- AP Interview: official says no 1 reason for death
- UN says El Nino good news for Haiti hurricane risk
- UN rights chief laments 2009 Afghan civilian toll