GANDHINAGAR - Pimps, who charge a commission to get customers for prostitutes, cannot be made to face charges related to abetment to seduction, the Gujarat High Court has held, while offering relief to one.
GANDHINAGAR - A special fast track court here Tuesday convicted 31 people and acquitted 63 in the Godhra train carnage case in which 59 people on board the Sabarmati Express were burnt to death, triggering the 2002 communal violence in Gujarat.
GANDHINAGAR - An NGO providing legal aid to victims of the 2002 riots has requested the Special Investigation Team (SIT) to protect senior police officer Rahul Sharma, a witness who was issued notice for making a compact disc containing call records of officials, politicians and rioters during the communal violence in the state.
GANDHINAGAR - Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Rahul Sharma was Saturday issued a show cause notice by the Gujarat government seeking an explanation why departmental action should not be taken against him for misconduct.
GANDHINAGAR - Four people were killed when a truck loaded with cotton overturned near Jasdan in Rajkot district Thursday.
- Sohrabuddin killing: CBI moves high court for cops’ voice sample
- Tug sinks, one killed ,six missing in Gujarat
- Sohrabuddin killing: Accused cop’s bail plea rejected
- Re-investigate Madhavpura Cooperative Bank scam: Prosecutor
- Five Pakistani fishermen arrested off Jamnagar
- Team probing Ishrat Jahan killing seeks legal help
- ‘Penalty imposed for denial of information unjustified’
- Gujarat riots: Extra Rs.85 crore relief to be given to victims
- Sohrabuddin killing: Farmhouse owner gets bail
- Gujarat government pulled up for delay in food adulteration cases
- Gujarat riots: Court allows voice sample test of Bajrangi
- Hearing on Amin’s approver plea postponed
- Sohrabuddin case accused cop seeks temporary bail
- Court seeks views of NGOs, media in Gujarat riots case
- Ketan Desai’s election to university body challenged
- Bomb blast convict’s bail plea rejected
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat
- Details sought on Zadafia’s appearance before Gujarat riots panel
- Contempt plea against Gujarat disposed in Ishrat Jahan killing
- Six murder accused acquitted in Gujarat
- Court rejects objection to Gujarat cop’s plea to turn approver
- Amit Shah’s bail plea decision Oct 29
- Amit Shah’s bail hearing adjourned to Wednesday
- Former Gujarat minister Jhadapia grilled fifth time
- Jethmalani pleads for bail for Amit Shah
- Auto thieves’ gang busted in Ahmedabad
- Sohrabuddin case: Court reserves order on voice samples
- Former Gujarat minister approaches high court for bail
- Sohrabuddin killing: high court sends cop’s plea to CBI court
- Gujarat riots: Panel’s refusal to quiz ex-minister to be challenged
- Sohrabuddin killing: Decision on cop’s plea to turn approver Oct 7
- BJP legislator asked to return misused funds - with interest
- Sohrabuddin killing: Third CBI witness turns hostile
- Court gives anticipatory bail to two in Sohrabuddin killing
- Amit Shah taken to hospital, misses court hearing