DHAKA, BANGLADESH (GaeaTimes.com)- Cyclone Giri has attained extensive momentum on Thursday evening and has been upgraded into category 1 storm, weather officials have stated.
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A speeding train plowed into two buses at a busy crossing in Bangladesh's capital on Wednesday, killing at least seven people and injuring dozens, a police official said.
DINAJPUR - Smuggling and human trafficking are the "key issues that sometimes create problem in the border areas of Bangladesh and India", the country's border guard chief has said.
CHITTAGONG - Six drunken young men vandalised a Hindu temple in Gosaildanga here, provoking protests by the minority community, a newspaper reported Tuesday.
YANGON, Myanmar - Floods and landslides triggered by incessant monsoon rains in Myanmar and Bangladesh have killed more than 100 people, officials and reports said Thursday.
- Landslide death toll hits 53 in Bangladesh
- At least 49 killed in Bangladesh landslides
- At least 47 killed in Bangladesh landslides
- At least 38 killed in Bangladesh landslides
- At least 24 killed in Bangladesh landslides
- At least 23 killed in Bangladesh landslides
- Bangladesh mourns 117 killed in massive fire
- Bangladesh fire races through buildings, kills 117
- Bangladesh fire races through buildings, kills 116
- Bangladesh fire kills 110, injures over 100
- Bangladesh fire kills up to 108, injures over 100
- Bangladesh fire kills up to 104, injures over 100
- Bangladesh fire kills up to 77, injures dozens
- Bangladesh fire kills up to 50, injures dozens
- Building collapses in Bangladesh, 20 bodies found
- Building collapses in Bangladesh, 14 bodies found
- Report: 16 killed in Bangladesh road accident
- Bangladesh police arrest 4 militant suspects
- Year after cyclone, 100K stranded in Bangladesh
- Poor man's Gatorade saves Bangladeshi kids
- Aid arriving after cyclone kills 112 in east India
- Cyclone kills 89 people in eastern India
- Fire races through Bangladesh factory; 21 dead
- Fire races through Bangladesh factory; 13 dead
- Bus accident kills 18 in Bangladesh