SRINAGAR - An ex-army major, wanted for the 1996 disappearance and murder of a lawyer and rights activist, has surfaced in California and reportedly said the Al Qaeda is present in Jammu and Kashmir - a claim strongly denied by the authorities here who are now planning to seek his extradition.
SRINAGAR - Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday expressed shock and grief at the death of two children in an explosion in Srinagar suburbs Sunday evening.
SRINAGAR - Bodies of two of the three people, who were buried when an avalanche hit an isolated village in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, were recovered Friday, police said.
SRINAGAR - The crime branch of the Jammu and Kashmir Police Thursday evening recovered a Bhutanese boy in Srinagar whose parents had complained to the Indian external affairs ministry that their son had been kidnapped and sold to a local in Srinagar.
SRINAGAR - A large quantity of psychotropic drugs and a leopard skin were recovered from drug addicts and poachers in Jammu and Kashmir's summer capital Srinagar Wednesday, police said.
- Five of family killed in rock slide
- Protests after Kashmir civilian killed in army firing
- Moderate intensity quake jolts Kashmir
- Kashmiri teacher says passage scientific, not obscene
- Kashmir teacher arrested for controversial exam questions
- Separatists torch Srinagar school bus to enforce shutdown
- School bus torched in Srinagar to enforce shutdown
- Two Kashmiri journalists let off in false reporting case
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout
- Militants kill policeman in Srinagar
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir
- Interlocutors visiting Shopian in south Kashmir
- Hardline Hurriyat group’s general secretary arrested
- 9 killed, one injured in Kashmir road accident
- Tremor jolts Kashmir Valley as violence continues
- Bloody Monday leaves 16 dead across Kashmir (Fourth Lead)
- Tremors felt in Kashmir
- Unidentified gunmen kill three in Kashmir
- 28-year-old protester killed in Kashmir, toll rises to 62
- One more youth dies in Kashmir, toll rises to 58
- Rahul Gandhi visits flashflood-hit Leh
- 15 Kashmir cops suspended after shoe attack on Omar
- 15 cops suspended for shoe thrown at Omar
- Shoe-thrower mentally unsound: Kashmir Police
- Two killed in Kashmir firing, toll rises to 57
- Kashmir mobs defy curfew, two protesters injured
- Four die in Kashmir clashes, toll rises to 55 (Second Lead)
- Two die in Kashmir clashes, toll rises to 53
- Leh toll 183, around 200 still missing
- Leh toll 167, five foreigners among dead (Second Lead)
- Rescue operations intensified in Leh, 151 foreigners relocated
- Leh toll 145, cloudburst in Kargil town
- Rescue efforts continue in Leh, 500 still missing
- 500 still missing in Leh, stranded tourists flown out (Roundup)
- Air India evacuates passengers stranded by Leh floods