BOULDER, Colo. - Fire management officials and homeowners living in the heavily wooded, steep mountainsides, draws and canyons west of Boulder had planned for years for the fire that swept through the area on Labor Day.
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. - A forest fire in the southern Sierra Nevada has grown to more than 8,100 acres even as firefighters gain ground on the blaze that has destroyed one home.
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. - A fierce air and ground attack helped slow the advance of a California forest fire in the southern Sierra Nevada that has charred more than 6,100 acres and destroyed one home, authorities said.
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. - Firefighters were beginning to gain ground on a forest fire in the southern Sierra Nevada that charred more than 6,100 acres and destroyed one home, authorities said Wednesday.
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. - Firefighters are gaining ground on a California forest fire in the southern Sierra Nevada that has blackened more than 6,100 acres and destroyed one home.
- California forest fire grows, evacuations called
- Hundreds evacuated near Calif. canyong fire
- Hundreds evacuated near Calif. canyon fire
- Where's the oil? On the Gulf floor, scientists say
- Colorado wildfire destroys 92 structures
- CO firefighters to step up attack on Boulder blaze
- Colorado wildfire destroys dozens of homes
- Hundreds flee fast-moving Colorado wildfire
- Authorities: 1,000 homes evacuated in Colo. fire
- Homes evacuated overnight near Montana wildfire
- Groups warn oil spill may be worse than claimed
- Gulf surface cleaner, but questions lurk far below
- Flash flood carries 3 through canyon in Utah park
- Bear in first recorded Ky. attack still at large
- Arizona wildfire at 20 percent containment
- Arizona crews make progress on Flagstaff wildfire
- Crews gaining upper hand on Arizona wildfire
- Crews try to keep Arizona wildfire from Flagstaff
- 22-mile oil plume found under Gulf surface
- 22-mile oil plume under Gulf nears rich waters
- Crews hike to precarious boulder after Colo. slide
- Colo. rock slide rains boulders on bridge, highway
- Major rock slide closes I-70 in western Colorado
- Major slide closes I-70 in western Colorado
- Van slides over embankment in Grand Canyon park