SRINAGAR - An ex-army major, wanted for the 1996 disappearance and murder of a lawyer and rights activist, has surfaced in California and reportedly said the Al Qaeda is present in Jammu and Kashmir - a claim strongly denied by the authorities here who are now planning to seek his extradition.
JALANDHAR - Army authorities at the 11 Corps have put a former top general under formal arrest after he was convicted of professional misconduct and sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment by a general court martial (GCM) in a multi-million ration scam in this cantonment city Friday.
NEW DELHI - Thirteen tourists, among them two women, stranded at a remote location in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh due to heavy snowfall, were rescued by the army.
KOLKATA - Two Maoist cadres were arrested and a huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered form their hideout in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said Friday.
NEW DELHI - A mock drill was conducted at Parliament House Thursday morning to check the preparedness of various agencies in the event of an emergency in the heavily-guarded complex.
- Delhi Police to up vigil in crime prone areas
- Delhi Police to increase vigil in outer Delhi areas: Gupta
- Day 4 of Darjeeling shutdown: Interlocutor meets officials
- CRPF trooper who killed woman kabaddi player dies
- Refused phone number, trooper kills woman kabaddi player
- Indian American charged in US Navy kickback scam
- 28 captured Somali pirates to be tried in Mumbai
- Indian Navy, Coast Guard foil another piracy attempt
- Protests after Kashmir civilian killed in army firing
- IAF’s MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead)
- MiG fighter crashes, no loss to life
- Army loses two pilots in Nashik chopper crash (Second lead)
- Suspected Pakistani agent arrested in Pune
- Two army pilots killed as chopper crashes in Nashik locality
- Two pilots killed as chopper crashes into Nashik locality
- ITBP aspirants go on rampage
- Rammed warship catches fire, listing; probe ordered
- Former army official working for ISI nabbed
- Warship on fire post collision, efforts on to douse blaze
- Apprehended pirates to be interrogated in Mumbai
- Cargo vessel hits naval warship, no casualties
- Ashok Chavan named as accused in Adarsh scam
- CBI raids offices, residences of Adarsh promoters
- CBI files FIR in Adarsh scam
- CBI files chargesheet in Adarsh case
- Five arrested for hacking anti-WikiLeaks computers
- India proposes five point plan to tackle piracy off Somalia
- Four soldiers injured in Punjab explosion
- Two soldiers injured in Punjab explosion
- Fake calls dupe US citizens for WikiLeaks access
- Maharashtra information commissioner’s removal hastened
- Security beef-up in Delhi begins Monday ahead of R-Day
- Adarsh Society land belongs to military: Army officer
- 16 women troopers injured in accident
- Assange gets bail, says WikiLeaks to continue its work