MEXICO CITY - Seventeen people were killed in two incidents of fresh violence in Mexico, authorities said.
JALANDHAR - Army authorities at the 11 Corps have put a former top general under formal arrest after he was convicted of professional misconduct and sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment by a general court martial (GCM) in a multi-million ration scam in this cantonment city Friday.
Mexico City, Feb 19 (IANS/EFE) Six bodies were found outside a police station in the eastern Mexican state of Veracruz. Police suspect they were dumped by a criminal group linked to drug cartels.
Monterrey (Mexico), Feb 19 (IANS/EFE) At least eight gunmen were killed in a battle with Mexican army in the northern state of Nuevo Leon, Mexico's defence department said.
LAKHIMPUR KHERI - A 15-year-old girl, whom a youth set ablaze in this Uttar Pradesh district for resisting his advances, died Friday, police said. The accused, who was on the run, has now been arrested.
- Four robbers held
- Seven arrested for defrauding bank, card-holders of lakhs
- Samajwadi Party MP gets bail
- Violence erupts after truck runs over a child in Delhi
- Tax sleuths grill Pune billionaire Hasan Ali Khan
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi
- Infosys employee commits suicide at Hyderabad centre
- Gang of ‘tantriks’ busted, three arrested
- Dewani murder suspects say police tortured them for confession
- Army rescues tourists stranded in Tawang
- Timber smugglers kill policeman on duty
- CBI raids premises of CWG officials
- Balwa sent to Tihar Jail till March 3
- Driver jailed for attack on Andhra legislator
- Man held for murder sent to police custody
- 2 Maoists held; arms, ammunition seized
- Raja stands in queue, attends roll call in Tihar Jail
- Revenue official’s jeep set afire
- Three-year-old climbs inside toy vending machine
- Man kills daughter’s lover for family honour
- CBI raids CWG offices