NAIROBI - A stampede during a campaign rally for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan left some 15 people dead and numerous injured at a stadium in southern Nigeria, local media said Sunday.
LUCKNOW - A 50-year-old police constable died Saturday while running as part of an endurance test in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
NEW DELHI - A 22-year old man was killed when the vehicle he was in was hit by a speeding bus in north Delhi Saturday, police said.
NEW DELHI - Two people, including a man declared a proclaimed offender by courts in five cases including attempt to murder and rioting, were arrested in south Delhi, police said Saturday.
NEW DELHI - Four members of a gang involved in kidnapping and robbery have been arrested and 2,850 stolen mobile phones worth more than Rs.1 crore recovered in north Delhi, police said Saturday.
- 17 Delhi Police cops rewarded for good work
- Ex-legislator’s son shot dead by relative
- No clean chit to Karmapa in cash row yet: Dhumal (Second Lead)
- Ex-Liberian president stashed $400 mn: WikiLeaks
- Jilted lover throws acid on girl, family
- Kalmadi aide sent to five-day CBI custody
- Egypt reduces curfew hours
- Rejected by dance reality shows, 9-year-old hangs self
- Lalgarh carnage: Police announce reward for information
- Day 4 of Darjeeling shutdown: Interlocutor meets officials
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead)
- US flood aid reaches Sri Lanka
- No clean chit to Karmapa in cash row yet: Dhumal
- 6.8-magnitude quake rocks Chile
- Protect police officer as Gujarat riots witness, SIT urged